Monday 8 September 2008

1 day with Leading Earth Woman

(The shower was great in the morning, finally I could wash my hair)

After a great breakfast we were invited to the turtle lodge with the sacred fire for our first ceremony.
Everyone introduced themselves and some people told a lot about who they were and shared their stories.
Diane Longboat opened the space with a pipe ceremony and a song.
One traditional man, whos english name is Mike (the one who defends gods people) told his story of growing up, being beaten many times because of his traditional upbringing of his grandparents. And becoming a chief for his nation. He shared the story of peace maker with us. And encouraged us to live peace in our daily lifes.
What stroke me most of his story was that peace maker was giving the nations the words of peace and the big law of peace.
So the words were important, but first he had to prove himself so people were listening to him.
the other thing that stood out for me was the mentioning that because of a lack of identity people were drinking and doing drugs.
And for me this identity includes the knowledge of where we are coming from, the paths of our ancestors (thats what they emphasize a lot) and also of where we are going, the future (thats what I emphasize a lot) and i guess also of what and how we are doing things on this earth.
One last thing he said was, that we are all children of this earth, where ever we walk it, and we need to bring alive the ceremonies of the land we were born.

there was much more they said about peace and its development. I wish so much Annie could be here. I am holding you very close in my heart and prayers, I hope it will reach you somehow and bring some healing to you as well.

No comments: