Saturday 6 September 2008

Alaska

Waking up in a different world.
Alakshak - one of the names the natives call this country in the north.
I am finally back home in Homer, Alaska.
in Kachemak Bay.
The Kilcher Homestead, 600 Acres of beautyful land, meadows and arctic rain forrest that reach the ocean, black sand beach, due to the coal laying on the ground.
8 sisters and brothers that were appointed by my grandfather Yule Kilcher to take care of it and bring alive the vision of a community living the simple life in partnership with the land. Ruthie his wife and him, were part of a group of young people in europe that wanted to to find a place in this world to survive wars and live with the land in the 1930ies. Only them made it, and gave life to 8 children, of whom Wurtila my mom is the second oldest.

Now I am back.
It has been 8 years.
8 beautyful busy years, in which I graduated as a nurse in Switzerland and was involved in many youth projects around the world, as well as helping to organize and build up Eos, Idem and conferences and other projects for the Youthsection of the School of Spiritual Science...
8 years of just sleepy observing the development of bringing the vision and dream of my grandparents in to action. Crashimg with reality of too sensitive emotional connections between the brotehrs and sisters, their children, my uncles and aunts.
me and many other cousins are waiting for the right time to get involved, hoping that it woulnt be after the 8 have died.

I am here with Dave.
Great man, golden warmth love creating heart.
Checking the possibility for him to farm at the homestead next year and me using this place as a future home base for my coming activities.

It was a good week:
Helping my parents at their homeside to put up a moose fence to protect young birch trees to grow.
Seeing most of my uncles and aunts.
seeing some of my cousins.
Breathing in the smell of Alders and Pushky plants.
Greeting the sea eagle and moose and other animals.
Being mirrored of many aspects of my self through my relatives.
Making fire in a wood stove.
Having conversations with Dave, getting closer to what connects us.
Preparing my trip to Canada on the 6th of September and scheduling my return ticket for September 18th.
...

No comments: