Sunday 12 October 2008

2 weeks in Homer

It feels a little bit like coming home already. My aunt Mossy gives Dave and me a ride to the Homestead. We have ~ 2 weeks in front of us to connect with the land, with ourselves and the family.
Time is flying by. We do walks, finish up putting fence posts on the property, dig potatos and give all kilchers a share, talk about the future, open up, learn to trust each other more, cook with the wood stove, dave even manages to make bread...
I try to get up every morning before sunrise to greet the sun and drink a glass of water. One day I do a little one day / one night fire fasting ceremony on Stellaveras house side, I still need to become more confident in what I am doing in such situations. Its a start. To make sacred fires is something I promised to LEading Earth Woman from the Mohawk tribe. Dave is with me most of the time, the evening I am by my self. I just drink water. I become so week. I didnt believe that this would happen. I hardly make it up the hill the next morning and I am also not able to eat the jummy breakfast Dave made for me. Eggs, potatos, hot choclate etc. The breakfast I was dreaming about but didnt tell him and he did it. but my stomache cannot handle it right away. I need a whole day to recover. the next day I feel the strength coming back. And something in my heart is singing.

No comments: