Thursday 9 October 2008

Turtle Bag

In 2005, when I visited South Dakota the first time, I fell in love with a bag made of leather and turtle shell. Because I couldnt afford it at that time, my native family took me to a wild life refugee camp, and then after ~ 2 hours of walking around Little Sun found the first Turtle Shell. So I got one ad promised myself to make a bag out of it one day.
After the Retreat at Dianes, I went to see Grandpa Gil 4 hours north of Toronto, who was good in leather work ad helped me to start the turtle bag. We had some disagreements of how it should look like, but managed to get somewhere. It was very emotional for me, because I carried the material for 3 years around the world to do the bag, and then finally cutting the leather wasnt that easy. Anyway I hope I will take time to finish it when I am in Alaska.
After that day I hitch hiked back to Toronto.

1 comment:

annie alina said...

i miss you sooo much and i love the tutle bag and i am with you all the time...