Thursday 9 October 2008

Father Terry from Scarborough Missions

Father Terry, A catholic Priest from Scarborough MIssions from Toronto was one of the people who had invited us for this retreat.
It is always amazing to me to see how he takes in all those accusations f the native of what the missions had done to their people and him asking for apologize, and also acting according to his words.
The passing on of his Mother a month before the gathering made it possible financially that we actually could be there with Diana in the Turtle Lodge. It was also him who I asked for blessings first that one day, I was so confused by the question if Christianity and the old Native moon ways could go together.
After the retreat at 6 Nations, I stayed 2 days in the Sacrborough Missions. It was very interesting to see and talk to lots of priests and see pictures from their work all around the world. And I could use the internet and answer emails for one whole day without having bad feelings or someone disturbing me by accident.
Thank you Father Terry!!!

No comments: