Sunday 12 October 2008

transfer to Hawaii

I got a ride to Anchorage with a friend of my cousin Connie. Snow on the Homestead, Snowstorm on the way. Great little house in Anchorage that gave me the chance to take a hot shower finally after a few days without any, washing my hair and getting some computer typing done.
I forgot my purse in Homer, so I just have 2 USD left. She lends me 20USD. Luckily I have my passport with me, so I can fly to Hawaii.
I am very tired. the plane leaves at 2 AM, stopps in Seattle. I have a 7 hour layover in Honululu. And yes I remember Hawaii. My body remembers the smell, the air.
I am happy. I take a bus to Waikiki. drink my first fresh Coconut water and do some emails.
In the evening a one hour flight to the Big Island. Joshua and his friend Riisa pick me up, I get a Lei.
I still cannot believe that I am here. I just had snow around me.
And I am so happy to be gone. The family in Alaska was a little too intense in the end.
But I am looking forward in going back there still.
Aloha Hawaii.

No comments: