Wednesday 19 March 2008

Bishkek

At the Kyrgyz Embassy in Almaty I meet a great couple (Kasach woman and English man with baby) that helped me to translate for the visa and find the bank where I had to pay for the Visa etc. Then they invited me for lunch in a sushi bar, the bill went to the business account of the man, who works for a oil company. Then I slept for one hour in their home, before I picked up my VIsa and took a marschrutka (small bus) to Bishkek, crossing the border at 9pm.
Wow 4 countries in 24 hours (England, Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan)
My Swiss host Ruedi I meet throufg hospitalityclub, who lives here since 6 years is an expert in Oekological building. Great conversations.
The next morning his room made Julia showed me the town, I managed to change some money and in the evening I ate Rabbit meat for the first time in my life. It was actually really nice.
;-)

No comments: