Thursday 27 March 2008

my adventourous trip back to Almaty testing my patience and trust

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
The hotel taxis to Almaty were all more then 3000 Som (90 USD)
So at around 10.30 pm I decided to take a taxi to the Autovaksal to see if I find somthing cheaper there. It was a bit risky because my flight was at 8.20 Am in the morning and Almaty at least 3-4 hours drive away.
And indeed, there was a night bus to Almaty for 300 Som
I even got a window seat so I could sleep better.
No one spoke english so I asked with my hands when the bus would arrive in
Almaty and they said 6AM. that was a bit tight, but I felt it should be ok.
Then the adventure really started. It was a real test in patience and trust.
The bus didnt lave until 24.30h, when we arrived at the boarder we stood
there for 2 hours and nothing happened, even the bus driver went to sleep,
and because of the language problem no one could explain me what was going
on. So I told my self, keep cool, you will arrive there in Almaty at the
right time. The spirits are stil with you. And I listened to the CD I got
at the Ceremony in town. (I would love to find out more about this music,
where it comes from etc...)
Then when I thought if the bus isnt through the boarder at 3 AM I need to take a taxi
...
we eventually moved and left the border at 3.20 AM
Every 1/2 hour the bus seemed to stopp to talk to the other bus drivers
and some police or I dont know. I became more and more nervous.
Eventually we arrived at 6.20 AM in Almaty, I managed to get a fast taxi
to the airport, checked in and in the end I even had to wait a bit at the
airport, before my flight was leaving.

puh

;-)

No comments: