Thursday 27 March 2008

connection dots with Apela

In the evening I went with Apela to her Hotel. She had invited me to join her in a small hawaiian ceremony were you drink a drink of a special root and talk.
When I asked her about her time in Alaska (she lived and worked there for more then 12 years) we found out that Dixie Belcher, an old friend of my grandfather is one of the best friends with Apela.
Wow
Another crossing is Hale Makua, an hawaiian elder whom I meet when I was 17 and had given me my hawaiian name. Apela and him worked closely together for many years.
Aloha
Then we have a very special connection with fire and crossings I still need to explore more with her tribe, Kyrgyzstan and myself.
Also her and my connection to Ethopian people still wants to be discovered of its meaning.
I was able to learn a lot from her and I am very grateful to have met her again.
Her website is http://wisn.org
And there is a possibility to do a Master in indeginous science in Hawaii!
.....

No comments: