Monday 24 March 2008

Village life

The conditions are very similar to african villages I saw last year.
No running water in the house, but in the yard. Out house a bit away from the main house, my house had electricity and of course TV.
You cook with coal and fire.
The food is really good. I learned how to cook Plov ( i dont know how to write it) the hospitality amazing. when ever you have a visitor you need to offer some bread and Chai. And you share all the food you have.
If you are 21 and not married you are out of the concept, especially girls.
My host family had a 8 day old baby, totally wrapped in towels. Intersesting wrapping technick, also they way they use the towles for pampers adding some plastic so the pie cannot go through.
chickens in the backyard. FAther works with the farm, tehy have a lot if sheeps, the mother has a little shop, and is busy the rest of the day making a lot of things by hand. Soap, blankets, ...
their daughter, my host, lives in Karakol and runs the only internet cafe that is mentione din the lonly planet travel guide. She was a great host and helped me a lot to get around and made sure I ate a lot.
Puh I am gettimng fat here in this country.

No comments: